To get a totally spectacular and blur-free picture you’ll need a tripod, but you don’t really want one that takes up your full bag. Here are the top 5 best travel tripods of 2016. We have previously review Top 5 HD Camcorders to Buy in 2015 and Top 5 Best Digital Camera Under $200.
5 Best Camera Tripod for Travel / Tripods for Vacation
1. Induro AT214 Alloy Tripod
The INDURO ALLOY 8M AT-214 tripod is made from the highest grade Aluminum Alloy and is designed to offer the uncompromising quality, strength and durability demanded by professionals and serious photographers, at a reasonable price. The newly designed, wide stance, cross braced magnesium alloy spider, ergonomic leg locks, oversized center column lock and enhanced leg angle locks all contribute to a tripod system with 35% greater stability, rigidity and higher load capacity. Half turn leg locks provide fast setup and incorporate a specially designed dust and moisture-resistant seal to assure reliable performance in virtually any environment. Induro Aluminum Alloy tripods are equally at home on the beach, climbing mountains, in the swamps or in the studio. The Induro Alloy 8M AT-214 tripod includes interchangeable rubber feet, stainless steel spikes, tool kit, deluxe carrying bag and strap.
- One of only three-legged models that features twist instead of clip leg locks, making it easy to adjust all three legs when bunched together
- Bull level on tripod shoulder
- Four section legs make it more compact for storage while still able to extend to a full 5.5 feet
- Weighs less than five pounds
- Doesn’t work well with heavy DSLRs
- To switch between spike / rubber pad attachments have to unscrew them
Only products shipped from and sold by authorized resellers such as Amazon.com can ensure that you will be receiving product that has a valid 10 year US warranty upon registration. Price: £149.00
Induro AT-214 Alloy AT Series 8M Tripod (Black)
Dust and moisture resistant leg locks lets you work in real world environments without any concerns. Just rinse off the legs and they're ready for the next assignment
Half-turn leg lock mechanisms - a simple half turn of the leg locks lets you quickly and easily unlock the sections for fast height adjustment and then tighten them down for rock solid support.
Only products shipped from and sold by authorized resellers such as Amazon.com can ensure that you will be receiving product that has a valid 10 year US warranty upon registration.
2. Mefoto GlobeTrotter A2350Q2T Tripod
The MeFOTO GlobeTrotter is a compact travel tripod that folds up inversely and also turns into a full size monopod without the use of any tools. It’s available in Black or Titanium, and in carbon fiber or aluminum. The GlobeTrotter can be used with many different style cameras including a DSLR with a zoom lens. The GlobeTrotter comes with a dual action Q series ballhead with Arca-Swiss style quick release plate. Carry case with shoulder strap included.
- 360 degree panning
- Legs can be locked into place at two different angles for easy shooting on uneasy surfaces
- Sturdy, durable design
- Can use as monopod or tripod
- Very compact—can fit in backpack or in carry-on
- Clip lock legs are a bit flimsy
- Weight hook is too thin a screw to attach more than 10 pounds of weight
Mefoto A2350Q2T GlobeTrotter Travel Tripod Kit (Titanium)
The MeFOTO GlobeTrotter is a compact travel tripod that folds up inversely and also turns into a full size monopod without the use of any tools. It’s available in Black or Titanium, and in carbon fiber or aluminum. The GlobeTrotter can be used with many different style cameras including a DSLR with a zoom lens. ...
3. Dolica TX570B150SL Ultra Compact Tripod
The Dolica TX570B150SL 57-Inch Reversible Traveler Edition tripod is the successor to our popular lightweight tripods. The new Dolica TX570B150SL 57-Inch adds versatility and strength for mirror less and ILC (interchangeable lens) cameras. The TX570 is good for indoor or outdoor photography thanks to its reversible legs, 4 position leg locks, folded length of 12.5-Inch and a max weight of 2.5lbs. The four leg extensions, with extra strength gauged aluminum, have nonslip rubber feet for added stability for those on the go. The upgraded legs have 4 round ribbed leg locks that create tensional rigidity and maximum locking power. The dual center column provide extended height extension making it the perfect tripod for all events, such as sports activities, camping, family gatherings and much more. The TX570B150SL has a max Load of 15 lbs. giving you the flexibility for all types of cameras and camcorders. The upgraded TX570B150SL comes with the upgraded Premium Design Ball Head with rubberized knobs for pan, tilt, and quick release plate lock with safety catch and integrated level. The center column is built with a weight hook, making the TX570B150SL a perfect choice for today’s Prosumer photographer. Carrying case is included.
- Max load of 15 pounds makes it great for any camera or camcorder
- Ball head with quick release camera plate and rubberized tilt and pan knobs
- Legs have nonslip rubber feet (good for outdoor photography)
- Compatible with both point-and-shoot and DSLRs
- Dual center column for additional expansion
- Can be a bit shaky when fully extended
- Quick connect is too small for larger DSLRs
- When legs are completely unlocked can slip out of each other
Dolica TX570B150SL Ultra Compact Tripod with Professional Ball Head (Black)
Maximum operating height (center column extended): 57-Inch (center / 46-Inch (center column not extended)
Minimum operating height: 18-Inch
Folded height(reversed legs): 12.5-Inch
4. Manfrotto BeFree Compact Lightweight Tripod
Befree is a new and innovative tripod dedicated to photographers who love to travel. Compact, light and portable Befree is the ideal travel companion. A high quality tripod that fits into carry-on luggage and backpacks; it’s a dream come true for any photographer on the go. Thanks to the unique folding mechanism the legs fold perfectly around the head and quick release plate attachment. In the closed position it is only 40 cm long. Its small size and portability don’t mean compromise on sturdiness and image quality. The Manfrotto Befree delivers sharp images by keeping your camera steadily locked in the desired position. Its new aluminum ball head is solid, quick and simple to operate. The Manfrotto Befree has a maximum payload 4 kg (8,8lb), guaranteeing stability and sturdiness even with longer zoom lenses. The new patented leg angle selectors quickly allow you to select between two inclinations offering maximum versatility for camera positioning. Premium Italian design and finishing make Befree stand out from the crowd. The perfect accessories to express each photographers individual unique photographic style.
- Made especially for travel, designed to fit in backpacks
- Can support an 8.8 pound camera
- Compact enough to fit under airplane seat
- Quick-release plate
- Durable, brand-name quality design
- Have to invert legs to store it in included bag
- So lightweight it can shift if taking long-exposure shot
- Quick-release ball joint cannot pan
Manfrotto BeFree Compact Lightweight Tripod for Travel Photography (Black)
Light and compact design
Supports up to 8.8lbs
Designed to fit into carry-on luggage and backpacks
5. Vista Explorer 60-inch Lightweight Tripod
The Explorer Tripod is perfect for digital, video and still cameras up to 4 pounds. Featuring quick release leg locks and 3 way pan head, this tripod is a breeze to set up. Utilizing a geared center post, this extends from 22″ to 60″ giving great range. Extra leg support offers better stability. Tripod bag included.
- Lightweight (three pounds) but holds cameras up to four pounds
- Quick release leg locks
- Bag included when shipped
- Height adjusts on central column (22”-60” range)
- Very inexpensive (less than $20)
- Not always stable or steady
- Cannot use to pan a video camera (motion is too jerky)
- Not very durable
Davis & Sanford EXPLORERV Vista Explorer 60″ Tripod with Tripod Bag and 10 Year Warranty
3 way pan head with bubble level
Only 3 pounds
Quick release leg locks